We are a Singapore company in the finance sector with an international focus - a small team that is working on incredibly disruptive ideas. The company has undergone major growth in 2018 and is set to grow much further over the next 3 years. Our technology stack and our tech team need to be retooled to accomodate for the change of pace in 2019 and onward. So we are looking for very high calibre individuals to join us and grow with us.
We have a web application which has evolved from 2012 to present. This application is a CRM and ERP platform which serves external and internal types of users and types of organisations across multiple permission levels. The technologies used to build it are LAMP stack, HTML, js, jquery, css, Redis, 3rd party APP/API integrations etc. Our entire team currently consists of 10 people with 2 developers and 2 partial developers (team lead, partner etc)
Our current problems to solve in 1q 2019:
- Backend and Frontend needs to be separated by API.
- Unit tests need to be written for backend API and frontend UI functionality.
- Frontend needs to be converted to using AJAX rather than page reloads
- Application performance benchmarks set, bottlenecks identified and corrected
Your essential day-to-day functions:
- Features: Front End development with CSS, JS, HTML, Redis
- Features: Back end development with PHP, MySQL, 3rd party API & libraries, Linux / OSX
- Bug fixes: Fixing on local dev environment, writing tests and pushing to production with Git branch, Git Pull requests
- Bug fixes: Jumping on user reported bugs and fixing them quickly (1-2h) before returning to Sprint tasks you're working on
- Agile sprints: 10 min stand up updates
- Agile bi weekly: Discussing with Product Manager on
- Agile bi weekly: Complete all accepted tasks and bugs within committed timeframe.
- Test Driven Development: Ensuring that your functionality is working throughly, fully covered by unit tests and protected from future codebase changes
- Documentation: Documenting the API interface and each functionality you release.
Key skills required:
- Delivery speed. You understand that quick turn-around on issues and features is extremely important as it directly affects how clients' view the company, their continued use of the platform and the company's ability to quickly introduce new features on the platform.
- Ownership and responsibility. You believe that the user experience and retention is number one priority and that you are personally responsible for it. You take charge of bugs and quickly fix them. You're able to correctly estimate your delivery deadlines and deliver on time or early.
- Excellent communication ability. Informing team members early of any issues you're having. Asking lots of questions. Ability to communicate deeply technical problems to non-technical people.
- Independence. After the initial training period, you are confident of working on your own, researching, solving problems.
Your work environment:
- You will be working from Colombo with possible opportunities to travel to Singapore
- Health insurance provided
- Competitive incentive package with stock options
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . With your resume, attach a page that replies to each of the section in the Job Description, on why you are a suitable candidate based on the criteria. Feel free to highlight all relevant skillsets and experiences.